State of North Carolina
SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AND SERVICE AGREEMENT
This End-User License Agreement (this “EULA”) is a legal agreement between Diamond Environmental (“Licensee”) and PRO Software Solutions (“Licensor”), the author of The PRO Software System, including all HTML files, XML files, Java files, graphics files, animation files, data files, technology, development tools, scripts and programs, both in object code and source code (the “Software”), the deliverables provided pursuant to this EULA, which may include associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation.The software is licensed, not sold to you.
By downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you (A) acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement; (B) represent that you are 18 years of age or older; and (c) agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA. If Licensee does not agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA, then Licensee may not download, install, or use the Software.
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AND ON THE CONDITION THAT LICENSEE ACCEPTS AND [AA1] COMPLIES WITH THEM. BY [CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON/CHECKING THE "ACCEPT" BOX ON THE ORDER FORM/[OTHER MEANS PROVIDED FOR ACCEPTANCE]] YOU (A) ACCEPT THIS AND AGREE THAT LICENSEE IS LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (I) YOU ARE [18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER/OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING ]; AND (II) IF LICENSEE IS A CORPORATION, GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS ON BEHALF OF LICENSEE AND BIND LICENSEE TO ITS TERMS. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS , LICENSOR WILL NOT AND DOES NOT THE SOFTWARE TO LICENSEE AND YOU MUST NOT [DOWNLOAD/INSTALL] THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS OR YOUR OR LICENSEE'S ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS , NO IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS , AND THIS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR'S SOFTWARE.
1. Grant of License
A) Scope of License. Subject to the terms of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a royalty-free, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferablelicense to download, install, and use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use strictly in accordance with the Software’s documentation.
2. License Restrictions
Licensee and third parties shall not:
reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding the limitation.
copy the Software, except as expressly permitted by this license; modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software;
combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs
modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or Documentation or any part thereof
reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Software, including any copy thereof;
rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Software, or any features or functionality of the Software, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Software available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or [AA2]
disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any
copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the
3. Reservation of Rights . You acknowledge and agree that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Software, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Software in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Software. Company and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Software. [AA3]
6. Geographic Restrictions . The Content and Services are based in the state of North Carolina in the United States [AA7] and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
7 . Updates Company may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Software updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Company has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality.
The Software will either automatically download and install all available Updates;
you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Software or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Software and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
8. Third-Party Materials . The Software may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
9. Term and Termination .
(a) The term of Agreement commences when you download/install the Software and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Company as set forth in this Section 9.
(b) You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Software.
(c) Company may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Software, which Company may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
(i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate;
(ii) you must cease all use of the Software and delete all copies of the software
(e)Termination will not limit any of Company's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties .
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARRE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, COMPANY PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE Software WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Limitation of Liability . TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR: [AA8]
(a) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
(b) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Indemnification . You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Software or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this Software.
13. Export Regulation . The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software to, or make the Softwarre accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.
14. US Government Rights . The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Software as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors. [AA9]
15. Severability . If any portion or provision of this Softwarre is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the portion or provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. [AA10]
16. Governing Law . This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Software shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of North Carolina in each case located in Guilford County of North Carolina. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
17. Limitation of Time to File Claims . ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SOFTWARE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. [AA11]
19. Waiver . No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
20. Customizations and Implementation Costs PRO Software agrees to include the following builds and customization included in the Agreement in a timely manner. SEE ATTACHED QUOTATION
21. Termination Pricing and Contract Duration is for 5 years. Licensee can leave at will within the first 12 months of the contract period.
22. Contract Start Date 01/01/2022
23. Separation of Components. The Software is licensed as a SAAS product. Pricing is on a per user basis.
24. Title to Software. Licensor represents and warrants that it has the legal right to enter into and perform its obligations under this EULA, and that use by the Licensee of the Software, in accordance with the terms of this EULA, will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third parties.
25. Intellectual Property. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software and Documentation are provided under , and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software or Documentation under this , or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this . Licensor [and its licensors and service providers] reserve[s] and shall retain [its/their] entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this . Licensee shall [use commercially reasonable efforts to] safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. [Licensee shall promptly notify Licensor if Licensee becomes aware of any infringement of the Licensor's Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and fully cooperate with Licensor[, at Licensor's sole expense,] in any legal action taken by Licensor to enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.] [AA13]
26. Support. Licensor will provide support services for the Software as agreed upon in implementation and ongoing support agreements. SEE ATTACHED QUOTATION
27. Duration. This EULA is perpetual or until:
A) Automatically terminated or suspended if Licensee fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA; or
B) Terminated or suspended by Licensor, with or without cause.
In the event this EULA is terminated, you must cease use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software.
28. Jurisdiction. This EULA shall be deemed to have been made in, and shall be construed pursuant to the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any legal action or proceeding relating to this EULA shall be brought exclusively in courts located in Greensboro, NC, and each party consents to the jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party in any action to enforce this EULA shall be entitled to recover costs and expenses including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. This EULA is made within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, and its jurisdiction shall supersede any other jurisdiction of either party’s election.
29 . Non-Transferable. This EULA is not assignable or transferable by Licensee without the prior written consent of Licensor, and any attempt to do so shall be void.
30. Severability. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any privilege, any power or any rights hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of any other right hereunder. If any provision of this EULA shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this EULA shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Contract and License has been executed and delivered as of the date first written above.
Licensor Representative and Date
Licensee Representative Signature and Date